Regional Account Manager
Tekni-Plex serves the medical device, pharmaceutical and other healthcare industries with various lidding, thermoforming, pouching rollstock materials for use in manufacture of rigid and semi-rigid trays and containers, and molded single dose packaging for liquid dispensing. Products include coated Tyvek® and papers, laminated/coated aluminum foil structures, laminated/coated structures containing PVC/PET/polyolefin/Aclar®, and molded unit-dose containers. Applications for these technologies are far reaching, from Class I-III sterile and non-sterile medical devices, solid oral dosage pharmaceuticals, ophthalmic and topical products, and a variety within the dental, nutritional, animal health, diagnostics and drug delivery industries.
The Regional Account (RAM) will be responsible for managing a number of (typically 30-40) customers in the healthcare space, most often located or headquartered within the assigned geography. Specifically, with these customers, the RAM is responsible for maintaining and expanding Tekni’s relationship; aggressively growing Tekni’s revenue and profitability; and identifying, developing and delivering objectives that are strategically important for both the customer and Tekni-Plex.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage accounts as primary point of contact:
• Deliver sales against targets for their portfolio of accounts
For these accounts, the Account Manager will proactively:
- Own the relationship and Tekni’s business with that customer; Manage and expand existing relationships
- Discover the customer’s business states and gaps; Generate awareness of and interest in Tekni solutions; Identify, develop, and qualify opportunities; Develop and present proposals; Negotiate and close sales; Support the successful commercialization and supply of Tekni’s solution
- Bring in additional support as needed (e.g., Business Development Managers and/or Technology resources for specific expertise)
- Partner with Operations, Quality, Product Management and Customer Service functions in order to provide an excellent customer experience
In carrying out the above activities, RAMs are expected to embrace Tekni’s commercial operating model, including:
- Fully adopt and apply the Tekni Sales Management Operating System (process, methodology, and systems) to develop account plans and manage opportunities, including:
- Discovering key information objectives, including an understanding of customer’s business issues and the criteria they will use in evaluating potential solutions
- Maintaining on a timely basis all account and opportunity information in salesforce.com for use in developing and managing the sales opportunities, account plans and pipelines
- Continually develop one’s skills by learning, practicing and participating in regular coaching sessions
- Routinely plan one’s selling and learning activities
- Includes preparing customer sales budgets/forecasts and coordinating sales related activities within company to drive new business
- Regularly evaluate and diagnose one’s own performance
- Broadly collaborate with other sales professionals and other functional team members
- Product Marketing to facilitate mutual understanding of customer needs and manufacturing capabilities
- New Product Development teams as required
- Be a recognized leader in the industry
- Recognize trends that develop and make appropriate recommendations to Product Marketing
- Recognize and share opportunities with Business Development Managers
- In conjunction with Product Marketing, develop Thought-Leadership content and engage in industry committees, conferences, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science preferred
- Five or more years of experience in account management with significant customers
- Track record of successful engagements at all levels and functions within major accounts, including engineers, procurement and C-suite, required
- Knowledge of the plastics industry and/or specialty materials
- Direct involvement with medical device or pharmaceutical applications / design
- Excellent communication skills. Able to fully communicate issues / opportunities / results back through the organization
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
Remote work base acceptable. Travel may include tours, observations and/or troubleshooting in the company’s and/or customer’s production environments.
Responsibilities include substantial travel requiring overnight stays, including occasional international travel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.