Scheduler and Production Planner
Located on Industrial Boulevard and Highway 280 by Roseville, MN AWT has a long history of industry leadership and award-winning products and services. AWT specializes in unique, innovative, and demanding label and packaging solutions for medical, industrial/OEM, food and beverage, personal care/health & beauty, household, and specialty markets. More than 35 years of experience has taught us a few things and helped us to become the leading provider of custom packaging, labeling, and converting solutions in the country. From eye-catching consumer labels to medical device applications that can stand up to sterilization, we have a unique blend of precision processes, quality systems and research-based ideas to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. We are regularly recognized by our customers and industry organizations for our outstanding print quality and unmatched customer service. As employers we focus on the Guiding Principles of Integrity, Fairness, Teamwork, Stewardship, and To Have Fun!
Responsible for scheduling of production orders to specific equipment; ensures that plates, tooling, and materials are available for the scheduled press dates; ensures that ship dates are met; communicates additional job-specific information needed to run the job. The position requires exercising judgment with respect to scheduling jobs and overtime, consulting with V.P. of Operations as necessary to ensure optimal efficiency and on-time delivery; communicates with production supervisors at shift changeover of any critical needs; communicates with and directs Purchasing and Customer Service teams on any materials related issues impacting a delayed customer delivery date; creates run lists to aid production in running to maximum efficiencies; determines expediting charges to the customer, as necessary.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reviews jobs in the Ready to Schedule list for Scheduling Notes.
- Assigns jobs to the appropriate press/equipment. Whenever possible, schedule like jobs together for maximum efficiencies, including use of Run Lists.
- Schedules jobs with best press date to try to achieve the customers requested ship date, allowing appropriate time for post press finishing activities.
- Flags magnets for jobs requiring special actions such as Internal/Cust Approvals; Slitting Required; Catcher Needed; Inspection Needed; Ganged (material) Jobs.
- Requests plates as needed to support on time delivery to press.
- Prints Job Tickets, Attachments, and Bills of Material.
- Assembles Job Tickets and Attachments, and places into appropriate colored sleeve, along with any other required items and delivers to Plate Area.
- Brings jobs that are fully ready to the appropriate press and places in bin in the order in which they are planned to be run.
- Reviews Flagged for Reschedule list for jobs that need to be rescheduled due to stock or tooling dates.
- Responds to email requests timely.
- Communicates with customer service to ensure customer requests are met – i.e., press approvals, quantities, and ship dates – while maintaining awareness of jobs that are unusual or that require special attention in a timely manner.
- Ensures that customer and AWT press approval requirements are coordinated.
- Effective utilization of operator ability and equipment capability to ensure jobs are run in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible with the strengths of the operator in mind.
- Review what is completed off press and adjust schedule, removing jobs that are complete or adjusting jobs that run long, including communicating with Finishing Supervisor on jobs that are of concern.
- Schedule overtime as necessary and prepare a list for scheduling purposes.
- Proactively communicates with customer service and Finishing Lead when jobs are expected to be late from press.
- Creates and/or Reviews run lists and optimization, including meeting customer dates, and maximizing production efficiencies.
- Reviews major pieces of business to ensure we have material availability to execute in full. Work closely with purchasing group and Material Handlers to ensure we have materials available per schedule.
- Work on system and workflow enhancements for Scheduling Systems to improve/automate information needs, including implementation of new or modified Scheduling Software.
- Work with other depts to continue to identify and improve areas within our control that affect our ability to service our customers or cause inefficiencies in our day-to-day activities.
Skills/Abilities to Meet Job Requirements:
Attention to detail; accuracy with numbers and information; good communication skills; ability to work with deadlines and changing priorities; ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner; excellent problem-solving skills; familiar with Office related programs including Outlook Calendar, Microsoft Excel and E-mail; familiarity with computer-based systems and ability to adapt to ever-changing software platforms; ability to work in a team environment; ability to remain calm under pressure.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma – OR equivalent GED; 3-months training on scheduling program preferred; some knowledge of computers and computer operation.
AWT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our website www.AWTLabelPack.com.
If you have any questions or if you are an individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation to complete an application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com or by calling (612) 706-3715.
Your application has been successfully submitted.